Despite incredible advancements in health and wellness since the 1950s, there are still many health challenges facing the world population:
- One billion people lack access to health care.
- Sixteen million deaths each year are caused by non-communicable diseases, such as cardiovascular disease, cancer, diabetes, and chronic lung disease. This is almost two-thirds of the estimated fifty-six million deaths each year worldwide, and even more disturbing, is one-fourth of these diseases occur before the age of sixty.
- Cardiovascular diseases (CVD) are the number one group of conditions causing death globally. An estimated seventeen-and-a-half million people died from CVD, representing thirty percent of all global deaths. Over eighty percent of CVD deaths occur in low and middle income countries.
- Over seven-and-half million children under the age of five die from malnutrition, and mostly treatable and preventable diseases each year.
- In 2012, some six-and-half million people died of infectious diseases alone, far more than the number killed in the natural or man-made catastrophes that made headlines.
- Aids/HIV has spread rapidly. UNAIDS estimates that there roughly thirty-three-and-a-half million living with HIV, almost three million new infections of HIV, and two million deaths from Aids.
- Tuberculosis kills almost 2 million people each year, with nine-and-one-half million new cases each year.
- One-and-one-half million people still die from pneumococcal diseases every year, making it the number one vaccine-preventable cause of death worldwide. More than half of the victims are children. These serious infections are meningitis, pneumonia, and sepsis. In developing countries, even half of the children who received medical treatment will die. Every second surviving child will have some kind of disability.
- Malaria causes some two-hundred-and-twenty-five million acute illnesses, and over seven-hundred-fifty-thousand deaths annually.
- One-hundred-and-sixty-four-thousand people, mostly children under five, die from measles. In 2012, even though effective immunizations cost less than one US dollar, and has been available for more than forty years.
Statistical facts can be very boring, but facts don’t lie, either. These are very alarming figures, don’t you think? There is very obvious evidence that these and other diseases kill more people each year than all recent conflicts and wars. But, what about the millions of people that are ill, and don’t seek medical attention, which isn’t reported, or becomes a statistic? More and more people are getting sicker and sicker each day! What can be done about it? Is there a solution? Could part of the problem be how we live, what we eat, and the choices we make? How about “yes” to all of those questions!
Path To Better Health and Well Being
Eat Healthy. Proper nutrition is one of the primary things you can do on a daily basis to maintain your overall health and well being. Eat fresh, with emphasis on “fresh”, the fresher the better, well-balanced, nutritious foods. All the foods you consume should be certified organic, non-GMO (non-genetically modified), low in fat, high in fiber, foods. Buying fresh is vital, because foods loose as much as 35% of its nutritional value, if not fresh. Certified organic and non-GMO foods, are not grown with harmful chemical fertilizers, or additives, and are not sprayed with chemical pesticides.
Protein foods should be lean, grass-fed beef, lean, free-range pork or lamb, free-range poultry, and cold-water, or wild-caught fish and seafood. Locate a small local farmer, or a specialty market to buy your meats, pork, poultry, and fish from, because they will guarantee freshness, and certify their foods being organic and GMO-free. All your fruits and veggies can be bought fresh locally at least nine months out of the year. Find a local organic farmer that sells fresh, organic, GMO free fruits and veggies and then buy them there. Remember, grocery store foods are not guaranteed for freshness or do they certify the food is organic, although they may stock a few certified organic fruits and veggies.
Greensbury Markets is one example of a food supplier that sells guaranteed fresh, certified organic, GMO-free lean, grass-fed beef, lean free-range pork, free-range poultry, and cold-water fish and seafood. Take a look at these examples:
- Starter Sampler, 16 serving bundle lean grass-fed rib eyes, ground beef, wild-caught salmon, and chicken breasts.
- >a href=”https://amzn.to/2pWBDqz”>NY Strip Steaks, USDA grass fed.
- Wild-Caught Tuna Steaks, 14- 6 ounce steaks.
- Atlantic Salmon Fillets, 12-6 ounce fillets
- Free-Range Turkeys, 12 to 14 pound size.
Supplement Your Diet. For added nutritional benefits and assurance to eating fresh nutritious foods, supplement your diet with a natural, organic, non-GMO, healing whole food Adaptogen Peruvian Maca, which will provide you with all the benefits of fresh nutritional whole foods. Adaptogens are a unique class of natural-growing plants (only a few recognized world-wide), that have the ability to assist the human body to “adapt” and naturally function properly, by providing a “normalizing effect”, a balancing effect, to harmful stressors, oxidation, inflammation, and other harmful situations, infections, and diseases.
So, what is in P Maca root that makes it such an incredible natural-healing, or medicinal plant? P Maca is a highly-nutritious whole food organically-grown and cultivated, non-GMO (non-genetically modified), on small family farms. One ounce (28 grams) of P Maca contains the following nutritious substances: 91 calories, 20 grams of carbs, 4 grams of protein, 2 grams of fiber, 1 gram of fat, 133% of RDI vitamin C, 85% RDI copper, 23% RDI iron, 16% RDI potassium, 15% RDI Manganese, vitamins B1, B2, B3, and B6, 19 essential amino acids, trace minerals zinc, selenium, boron, and others, several glucosinolates plant substances, 20 free fatty acids, and two unique plant compounds macaenes and macamides (only found in Maca).
- What Is In Maca Root
- What’s Healthy Living?
- How To Relieve Stress From: Hormonal Imbalance
Now that you know all the amazing health benefits of this incredible Peruvian Maca, I want to introduce you to the fun side of Maca, by using it in healthy fruit drinks, smoothies, and tasty desserts. Check out the blueberry smoothie below:
Blueberry Maca Smoothie
1/2 blueberries (fresh)
1 to 2 tbsp Maca powder
1 to 2 bananas
1 cup almond milk
1 to 2 tsp cinnamon or more if you desire
1 to 2 tsp of vanilla extract
1/2 cup of ice, or more if desired
Combine all ingredients, except cinnamon and vanilla in your Vitamix Blender to achieve a smooth consistency. Sprinkle in cinnamon and vanilla and blend again. If you don’t have a Vitamix Blender, see it here.
For more smoothie and dessert recipes, read this article “What To Eat For Health.”
Get Moderate Exercise. Exercise can help prevent heart disease, stroke, diabetes and colon cancer. It can also help in treating anxiety, depression, osteoporosis, and high blood pressure. People who exercise also get injured less often. Routine exercise can make you feel better, by building strength and resistance, and help you to keep your weight under control. You should commit to do some form of physical activity a minimum of thirty minutes each day, five days a week. But, remember, any exercise is better than none.
Lose weight, if you are overweight. Being overweight, increases your risk of high blood pressure, high cholesterol, type 2 diabetes, heart disease, stroke, cancer, and gall bladder disease. Being overweight can also lead to weight-related injuries, such as, arthritis, in weight-bearing joints, as in your spine, hips, and knees.
Here are a few suggestions of exercise equipment that will help you get that minimum of 150 minutes of physical activity a week:
- Flexispot Home Office Standing Desk Exercise Bike Cycle
- iDEER Life Exercise Stationary Bike
- Exerpeudic 4000 magnetic Bluetooth Smart Recumbert Exercise Bike
Get Restful Sleep. Restful sleep is the foundation for your mental and physical well being. Get a minimum of seven to eight hours of healthy, restful sleep a night. Your body and mind need rest to rejuvenate and repair itself. After a day of stimulating activity, your body needs deep sleep. When you are rested, you’re more alert, able to process new information quicker and efficiently, and you make better decisions.
For maximum rejuvenation, keep in mind that the hours before midnight are generally more beneficial. If you slept eight hours between 10 PM and 6 AM, you’ll feel more rested, than if you slept eight hours between midnight and 8 AM. Eat a lighter dinner, take a leisurely stroll after eating, minimize exciting, or aggrevating, or mentally-intensive activities after 8 PM. Diffuse relaxing aromas in your bedroom. As your bath is running, perform a slow-self administered oil massage or abhyanga, and then soak in the warm water for ten or fifteen minutes. And while soaking, burn a few candles, and listen to soothing music.
After you bathe, drink a cup of warm, relaxing tea. If your mind is still very active, journal a few minutes before bed. Place your thoughts and concerns on paper, so that you don’t have to ruminate about then when you shut your eyes. Read an in spiritual or spiritual literature for a few minutes before bed. Avoid dramatic novels or distressing reading material. Do not watch TV or do any deep mental work. Once in bed, close your eyes, and simply feel your body. Focus on your body and wherever you feel tension, consciously relax that area. Then simply, watch your slow breathing until you fall asleep. Still not asleep? Here is a couple of options that will definitely work to help you fall asleep and stay asleep:
- David Delight Pro Device, with multi-color eyeset for brain training, meditation, relaxation, sleep, and mental clarity
- Transquil Weighted-Gravity Blanket
- Muse: The brain sensing headband, for meditation, relaxation, and sleep
Protect Your Skin. Protecting your skin will keep you younger looking, and prevent unsightly scalely and bruised skin. Sun exposure has been linked to skin cancer. It’s best to limit the time you spend in the Sun. Be sure to wear protective clothing and a hat outdoors. Use a sunscreen year-round on exposed skin. Choose a broad spectrum sunscreen that blocks UVA and UVB rays. It should be at least an SP15. Do not sunbath or use tanning booths. Remember, exercise is great for keeping skin healthy and younger looking, because exercising moves oxygen-rich blood to all the blood vessels in the skin, nourishing and rejuvenating then.
If you are attempting to restore your skin to a youthful look and feel, the latest proven way is to use a Vitamin C serum directly applied to your skin. An example of one of these Vitamin C serums, and, what I understand, one of the best on the market is this one:
Vitamin C Serum combines Ferulic acid, a potent antioxidant found in cell walls in plants, with pure Ascorbic acid (vitamin C), and Vitamin E, which stimulates collagen production and neutralizes free-radicals.
Don’t Smoke. Smoking and tobacco use are harmful habits. They contribute to heart disease, mouth, throat, and liver cancer. They are also leading factors in developing emphysema, and COPD. The sooner you quit smoking, the better. Enough said. Here are a couple of great smoke cessation products that will assist you in quitting:
Protection From Water Pollution While we all know water is crucial to life, we all trash it anyway. Some 80% of the world’s waste water is dumped, largely untreated, back into our environment, polluting our rivers, lakes, and oceans. Water pollution Kills! In fact, it caused 1.8 million deaths in 2015, according to study published in the Lance. Contaminated water can also make you seriously ill. Every year, unsafe water sickens about one-billion people. Low-income communities are much more at risk because they live the closest to the most polluting industrial plants.
In order to thrive, healthy ecosystems rely on a complex web of animals, plants, bacteria, and fungi, all of which interact, directly or indirectly, with each other. Harm or destruction of any these organisms can create a negative chain reaction, imperiling entire aquatic environments, and humans.
Chemicals and heavy metals from industrial and municipal wastewater contaminate waterways as well. These chemicals contaminate life, most often reducing an organism’s life span and the ability to reproduce, and make their way up the food chain, as predator eats prey. That’s how Tuna and other big fish, accumulate high levels of toxins like mercury, which we end up eating as humans. Meanwhile, ocean acidification is making it tougher for shellfish and coral to survive. Though they absorb about 25% of the carbon pollution created each year by burning fossil fuels, oceans are becoming more acidic, just as humans are.
It’s vitally important to protect you and your family’s health against the harmful effects of water pollution. For more in depth information on water pollution and how it affects our entire ecosystem, read this article “Environmental Health Is What We All Want.” The one sure way to protect you and your family against water pollution, is to install a water purification system in your home environment. Here are a couple of the best on the market, plus a comprehensive water quality test kit, which you should have too:
- Big Berkey Water Filter System
- iSpring WGB-32B three-stage whole house water filter system
- Pro-Lab TW120 total quality test kit
Protection Against Air Pollution. Two major types of damaging air pollution dominate in the US, and in most of the industrialized nations of the world, ozone pollution and particle pollution. These two pollutants threaten the lives of millions of people not only in the US, but world-wide. Thanks to The Clean Air Act, the US has far less of both of these two pollutants now, than in the past. Unfortunately, that isn’t the case with many other countries in the world. Still, 133.9 million people live in countries where monitors show unhealthy levels of both pollutants, meaning the air families breathe, could shorten life, or cause different forms of Cancer.
The EPA concluded in December 2009, five particle pollution situations poses serious health threats in the forms of early death, both to short-term and long-term exposure, cardiovascular harm, respiratory harm, may cause Cancer, and, may cause reproductive and developmental harm. What are your thoughts on air pollution and, health? Are you willing to take action to protect yourself and your family from the harmful effects of air pollution? You, can only answer these questions. For more information on air pollution, read this article “Air Pollution and, Health.” The one best way to solve air pollution is in your own personal environment, and providing safe, clean, healthy, breathing air in your home for you and your family, by installing a quality air purifier. Below are three of the best available in the market, plus an air quality pollution monitor and sensor:
- Air Mega 400, the Smarter Air Purifyer
- Oransi EJ120 HEPA Air Purifyer
- Allen Customizable HEPA Air Purifyer
- IQ Indoor/Outdoor Air Quality Pollution Monitor and Sensor
I trust you have found this information helpful, and that you will take action in protecting and promoting you and your family’s health and well being. If you have any questions, please address then below. Your comments are also welcomed.
- Transquil Weighted-Gravity Blanket